Sunday, April 3, 2011

On a Cinnamon Roll: Cinnamon Bun Pancakes


I must confess my little current little obsession with cinnamon. There is something addictive about the smell, especially when it is basked in the oven. I could not wait to make these pancakes when I came across this recipe. These pancakes are great without the ciing because it's essentially a cinnamon pancake but the icing makes it taste like a cinnamon bun. Why is that so great? Because it tastes like a cinnamon bun without all the guilt. I love a cinnamon bun every once in awhile but this recipe will definitely satisfy my cinnamon bun cravings. It's not like I have these cravings that often but when I do, I know what to do. Even if you are not addicted to cinnamon, this is a great change of pace from your typical breakfast pancake. But for all you cinnamon lovers out there, I dedicate this one to you!


Cinnamon Bun Pancakes
adapted from Tasty Kitchen

Ingredients
1-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
3 tbsp granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. buttermilk
2 tbsp corn syrup
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp vanilla


For the icing
3/4 c. powdered sugar
2 tbsp milk or water
1/4 tsp vanilla

Directions
1. In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cinnamon with a whisk. Whisk well to make sure everything is combined.
2. In separate large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, corn syrup, butter and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture.
3. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium/low heat. Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto griddle. Brown on both sides.
4. Icing: stir sugar, milk (or water), and vanilla until well blended and smooth.
5. Serve warm with icing drizzled over the top.

8 servings

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...