Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Microwave Chocolate Cake - A Sweet Treat Under 5 Minutes


We all have our lazy days and today is one of those days! I've been having an irresistible urge for chocolate cake lately. Even though there are one bowl chocolate cake recipes, it still feels like a lot of work to me. On top of that, I would have this gigantic cake for just one person and have to end up throwing some of it away. That is when I decided to brave up and try a microwave chocolate cake recipe. I was quite skeptical of the baking process and that the chocolate cake would blow up in the microwave. I don't know why, it's just what I imagined.

Of course, this recipe is the exact opposite. To simply describe what I thought of this recipe, I have one word, AMAZING! For the time and effort involved, this is the best dessert in the world. It is amazing how quickly you can satisfy your sweet chocolate tooth with this chocolate cake. You can vary how long you cook or "bake" your chocolate cake, depending on what kind of cake you want. If you want a lava-like cake, microwave the cake for a shorter amount of time. You'll see the perimeter of the cake done while the inside is still runny. If you prefer a fully baked cake, just microwave the cake a bit longer. This recipe is quite versatile and have many adaptations. Play around with and see what your creativity takes you. 


Microwave Chocolate Cake
modified from Babble

Ingredients
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)

Directions
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl or mug. Microwave in 30 second increments until your desired cake done-ness. I like 1min, 30 seconds because it's pudding like in the middle (like a lava cake)!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...