The end product? Delicious and amazing cookies! didn't tell my brother the ingredients of the cookie because he refuses to eat any of my healthy baked goods. He ate the whole cookie...I think he's better off not knowing!
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Flaxseed Cookies
compliments of Y-U-M-M-Y
3/4 cup butter, softened
2-1/4 cups brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 cups old-fashion oats
2 tablespoons flaxseed
1/2 cup nuts (anything from pecans, walnuts, cashews, almonds)
2 cups chocolate chips (semisweet or dark)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Mix butter in an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, dash of salt (optional), cinnamon until combined.
3. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
4. Mix in whole wheat flour, oats, and flaxseed.
5. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
5. Scoop dough into a rounded tablespoon and place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
6. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.