Saturday, December 5, 2009
Hershey Kiss Filled Snowballs
It's the end of the year which can only mean one thing, cookie exchanges! Yes, the holiday season is the time to gain the weight and eat tons of cookies. At least, that is how it is for me! I am currently living a residential hall and even though I have access to the necessary kitchen equipment, I opted for a simple but satisfying cookie. The cookie is basically a standard butter/Mexican wedding cookie but the twist? A Hershey kiss in the middle so when people bite into the cookie, they are welcomed with a special treat! Have fun and happy holidays!
Hershey Kissed Filled Snowballs
Compliments of Hersheys
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
~30 Hershey Kisses
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Combine flour and nuts in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. With an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar, and vanilla.
4. Add flour and nuts in 3 batches. Incorporate until just combined.
5. Chill dough in refrigerator for two hours.
6. Roll 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball. Flatten about 1/2 cm thick and place a Hershey kiss in the center. Enclose the kiss into dough and pinch dough together to seal the kiss. Roll into ball and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Place cookies one inch apart.
7. Bake for 12 minutes or when cookies look set
8. Let cookies cool completely before rolling in confectioner's sugar.
9. Grab a glass of milk and enjoy!