Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Chocolate(s) Chip Cookies

The famous chocolate chip cookie. There are millions of recipes and variations to the chocolate chip cookie so it's just a matter of finding the recipe that suits you and your taste. I actually have looked at tons and tons of chocolate chip cookie recipes and after all that searching, I cannot say that I have a favorite recipe. I have a few recipes that I would put at the top of the list that I make depending on what kind of chocolate chip cookie mood I'm in. I have recipes with oatmeal, whole wheat, a touch of cinnamon and some that turn out crispy, chewy, a stronger brown sugar flavor, basically whatever I'm in the mood for. What recipe am I sharing today? It's actually a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe but I tweaked it to the mood I was in that day. I changed the ratio of brown sugar and white sugar and incorporated white chocolate chips with semisweet chips. It turned out to be rich in flavor and the perfect crispy edges and chewy interior!


Chocolate(s) Chip Cookies
adapted from Ladies' home journal 

 

Ingredients
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1-1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts


Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl with a whisk.
3. Beat butter and sugars in large mixing bowl at medium speed until creamy ~2 min
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. At low speed, gradually add flour mixture until blended. Stir in chips and nuts.
5. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonful 2 inches apart on 2 large ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 13-14 minutes, until golden brown. Let cookies stand on sheets 2 min, then transfer to wire rack to let cool completely.

Yields ~45 cookies

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...