Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cinnamon Sugar Butter Cookies


Honestly, there's nothing better than a light, crisp, buttery flavored cookie. Yes, I'm talking about the butter cookie. While these cookies don't necessary trim down the waistline, it's good to indulge every once in awhile! There is something attractive about the butter flavor as these cookies bake in the oven. On top of the buttery goodness, these cookies are rolled in a cinnamon sugar before they hit the oven!

These cookies are easy to make, partially because the main ingredient is butter but there is lot that can be done with a simple butter cookie, like rolling it in cinnamon sugar. Also, you can always guarantee these cookies to be gone a few hours after they come out of the oven.

I got this recipe from the Mrs. Field's Cookbook and I must say everything I make from this book is delectable. I first came across this book, or part of this book, from my mom's recipe collection where she baked her favorite chocolate chip cookies from. I've looked through the book once but I there were so many recipes I wanted, I was better off buying the whole book. So a year ago, my mom and I were browsing a thrift store and there it was, Mrs. Fields cookbook! I immediately snatched it off the shelf and paid a measly five dollars! All I can say, best investment of my life!


Cinnamon Sugar Butter Cookie
compliments of Mrs. Fields Cookbook

Ingredients
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, softened
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Topping
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoons ground cinnamon

Directions
1. Preheat oven 300 F.
2. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon for topping. Set aside.
3. In a meidum bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, blend sguars with an electric mixer set at medium speed. Add the butter and mix to form a grainy paste. Scrape down sides of the bowl, then add eggs and vanilla. Mix at medium speeed until light and fluffy.
5. Add flour mixture and blend until combined. Do not overmix.
6. Roll dough into one inch balls and roll each ball in cinnamon sugar topping.
7. Place onto an ungreased cookie sheet, two inches apart. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Immediately transfer cookies to cooling rack.

Yields: 3 dozen

 Look at those specks of cinnamon! Y-U-M-M-Y!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...