Thursday, July 23, 2009

Swispy Sandwich


I don't know if there is such an invention like this out there but I could not find one. This creation came to me one day when I wanted to make my little brother an afternoon snack. This sandwich can also be eaten for breakfast or dessert. This sandwich is sweet and crispy, hence the name swispy sandwich.

How did I come up with the swispy sandwich? Well, I am a huge fan of peanut butter sandwiches. I am also a huge fan of fluffernutter sandwiches. Then one day, I discovered the deliciousness of Nutella and began eating Nutella sandwiches, Nutella and peanut butter sandwiches, and Nutella and marshmallow sandwiches. So I thought to myself, why not combine peanut butter, marshmallows, and Nutella together? Since I didn't have any marshmallow fluff on hand, I had to melt the marshmallows to make it yummy so I used my sandwich maker. Another reason I used the sandwich maker is because it toasts the bread and melts everything together. When the marshmallows melted, it fluffed up the sandwich nicely and made the sandwich divine. No fears if you do not have a sandwich maker because you just warm it up on a griddle or panini maker. The only difference is that it won't turn out fluffy.


Swispy Sandwich
compliments of Y-U-M-M-Y

Ingredients
2 slices of white bread
peanut butter
Nutella
marshmallows or marshmallow fluff
powdered sugar

Directions
1. Spread your desired amount of peanut butter on one slice of bread
2. On the other slice of bread, spread your desired amount of Nutella
3. On one of the bread slices, spread your desired amount of fluff or marshmallows
4. Put the two slices of bread together, filling against filling, and place sandwich on a preheated sandwich maker, panini maker, or griddle top. Make sure to spray cooking spray or add some butter or oil to the pan to make sure the sandwich has a nice, toasted layer
5. Dust sandwich with some powdered sugar to give it a more festive appearance. Also, a little more sweetness on the outside of the sandwich wouldn't hurt!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...