What is a better way to start off you day than eating a nice stack of buttermilk pancakes? I can't think of anything better than these light and fluffy concoctions. I like this recipe because it has great flavor and turns out to be everything you expect in a buttermilk pancake!
compliments of Baking Bites (modified)
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 large egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
(blueberries, chocolate chips, bananas, strawberries, etc.)
1. In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients - flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix together.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk all the wet ingredients - buttermilk, egg, milk, and oil until combined.
3. Add the wet mixture of ingredients into the dry mixture and whisk until combined BUT do not overmix. There should be lumps in the batter because that is the key to fluffy pancakes.
4. Heat griddle on medium-low heat. A good indicator to see the griddle is ready is to take a drop of water and splash it on the grill. If it sizzles and bubbles, then it is ready.
5. Pour enough batter to achieve your desired size pancake onto the griddle. Move the batter around slightly and quickly to achieve your desired size and thickness of pancake - the pancakes will fluff up during the cooking process. Sprinkle your desired add-ins on top of the pancake.
6. When bubbles form on the top, flip pancake over and cook for another 30 seconds to a minute before removing pancakes from the griddle.
1. I used dried blueberries in my pancakes. At first I wasn't sure if it would go well but I was pleasantly surprised. It is a great substitute when you don't have fresh blueberries on hand.