Sunday, January 22, 2012

Recipes with Oreos: Classy, Versatile, and Y-U-M-M-Y!

I have been thinking about something lately that I want to share so indulge me a little. Let's talk about ice cream for a second. Blue Bell Ice Cream makes the greatest cookies n' cream ice cream ever. All of their flavors are amazing but nothing compares to the cookies n' cream flavor. While the concept of this flavor is so simple, the idea is an amazing one...at least in my opinion. Now, I must admit that I am not a huge fan of packaged cookies which is one reason why I created this blog. Having said that, if there is one packaged cookie I have always loved, love, and will always love, is the infamous Oreo. While the chocolate wafer and cream filling is a ingenious combination, Oreos are also a fun cookie to eat. My favorite way to eat an Oreo? I separate the cookie so all the filling is on one side. I take the non-filling cookie and scrap part of the filling onto the cookie, take a nib, and scrap a little more off. Then I just eat the other half. I know, it sounds absolutely ridiculous but everyone has their one way of eating an Oreo.

Another great thing about Oreos is what you can do with them. There are so many creative and inventive ideas on how to use Oreos. Now tell me, how can Oreos not be the greatest cookies ever? I am going to share some of the most intriguing recipes I have come across. I have made some but there are some that are on my baking to-do list. Whether you eat an Oreo by itself, with a glass of milk, crushed into a ball with cream cheese, or in or with anything else, I don't think any other packaged cookie can compare. The next time you have one of those Oreo cravings, which I happen to have every minute of every day, give one of these recipes a try.


No Bake Chewy Cookies and Cream Bars
compliments of Picky Palate




 
Oreo Truffles
 compliments of Bakerella





Oreo Pumpkin Cheesecake
compliments of Inside BruCrew Life





Cookies n' Cream Cupcakes
compliments of Bakerella 




Oreo on a Stick
compliments of MaryJanes and Galoshes




Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
compliments of Brown Eyed Baker






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...