Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pumpkin Oreo Cheesecake



I came across this recipe the other day and it just had a great appeal to it. While Oreos + cheesecake + pumpkin is a heavenly combination, the recipe also seemed simple to make. The original recipe used two Oreos per individual cheesecake but I did not have that many Oreos left at home…and I was too lazy to go to the store and pick some up. That would just leave more Oreos laying around for me to consume. I’m glad I had just enough Oreos because not only would the leftovers be stored in my pants, I think two Oreos would have overwhelmed the dessert. I wanted the pumpkin cheesecake to the be the focus of the dessert and to have the Oreo as a “crust” and an added layer of flavor that complemented the rest of the dessert. Additionally, the Oreos I had on hand were the holiday version, hence the red cream filling. I understand while these mini cheesecakes did not turn out to be cutest things ever, it sure tasted like the best things!

For those non-pumpkin eaters, this recipe has a pumpkin appeal. Even though you may not like pumpkin, it sounds more appealing in combination with cream cheese and Oreos. Since there are many other ingredients, the pumpkin flavor is not too overwhelming so it is a great introduction to the pumpkin flavor. The reason why I say this is because I use to be a non-pumpkin fan. I started being more receptive to the idea after I tried pumpkin cheesecake and I have not turned my back since! The recipe is rich, decadent, and more than sufficed my ever-persisting desire for cheesecake.
Pumpkin Oreo Cheesecake
compliments of Bake.Eat.Repeat

Ingredients
2-8 ounces packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
Oreos
whipped cream

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Place cupcake liners in a muffin pan. 
2. Beat the cream cheese until creamy. Add the sugar and cream. Add the eggs one at a time beating after each addition. Add sour cream, vanilla extract, and pumpkin. 
3. Place one whole Oreo in the bottom of the cupcake liners and fill up the liner 3/4 full with the cheesecake batter. 
4. Bake for 20-22 minutes. Cool in pan for 15-20 min before removing and placing on a wire rack to finish cooling. Keep refrigerated. Top with whipped cream and oreo sprinkles before serving. Makes 24.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...